Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Well, soccer season is finally over, and the temperature has finally gotten down to an acceptable level, so I think it's safe to say Fall is finally here! I'll take the boys downtown this Saturday for the Veterans day parade, and then I hope to go out on saturdays with them for little hikes in local parks. Our recent trip to Pisgah National forest has me in mind of camping, being more outdoorsy, more physical as it were. I dont know why I feel like I havent done anything, I've been coaching 5-6 year old soccer for the past 3 months, but I want to feel more removed from the typical situation, you know? I dont want to sit at home and watch TV, I want to get out and do stuff outside. I dont want my boys to grow up any faster than they already are, but I cant wait until they want to go camping, stuff like that.

With all that in mind, I think I'm going to plant a fall herb garden this weekend or next. I found some information from the University of Florida website on Fall herbs (because veryone knows how notoriously cold those Fall can be in Florida), and it just sounds like the kind of thing I need to do.

Actually, this is a much better link, in case your interested.


No comments: