Wednesday, May 25, 2011

You know, they say the road to hell is paved with good intentions....If that is indeed the truth, then I must be driving the asphalt truck, because I have been meaning to upgrade this blog for a very very long time!

So much has happened in the past year, I haven't really had time to think about anything but family. There were multiple hospital stays in my family, for my Mom, my dad, and-most seriously- for my wife, who quite honestly almost died on me. So please, please, please have some compassion and understanding, and know that while I always wanted to keep this up, it was simply not an option for the longest time. When it rains, it pours eh?

Despite all the calamity in my life, I did get some productive things done! #1, I got my BALOO (Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation) training out of the way, and Most importantly, I am now an official Leave No Trace Trainer! I took the BSA course a few weeks ago, and I am now able to teach the Leave No Trace Outdoor Ethics to other BSA leaders, teachers, schoolchildren, just about anyone! I am planning on taking the Master Educator course in the next year or so, but I am going to go after my Wood Badge first! I've been wanting to do that for 2 or 3 years now, and I think the timing will be right when it is offered again next winter/ spring.

Oh yeah, and through a lot of dieting, I have lost 56 pounds since October. Pretty cool huh? Im having problems getting below 260 though. I waffle between 258 and 263 depending on the day. Im 6'3, so 260 doesnt look bad on me, but I'd like to lose another 20 pounds, all truth be told.

I have to play catch up with this blog, as we had a fantastic trip to the Smoky Mountains last October with scouts for the Elk rut, and I have tons of photos! Look for more over the next few weeks!

4 comments:

Ratty said...

I completely understand the downtime you've had. I had some myself last winter after a car accident. I'm glad you've also had some good accomplishments as well.

EllE said...

So is everything alright now?I hope things are better for you and your family :) Sometimes the best thing to do is to thank and praise the Lord..seriously!

Julciaa said...

super blog ; D

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog