Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Road to Recovery.....Finally.


Dear friends, 3 days after my last entry, I got a call from one of the local Hospitals during a Den Meeting. It was concerning my wife. emergency surgery was required, could I please come down? Next of kin was needed, and the spectre of DNR reared it's ugly, pale head......

Long story short, she's OK now, but since her surgery, Bronchitis and strep throat have both plagued my family too. So to say that the proverbial road to recovery has been long and really mean is almost an understatement. The past two years have....well, they've sucked for my family. First, we lose my Father In Law, one of the greatest men I've ever known, then my back goes out (I have planters fasciitis in my left foot now because of the back), and not 3 weeks after I was cleared to go back to work, my wife almost dies.

I figure I owed you guys an explanation as to why I've been AWOL, so here it is.
With that being said, here's to us all! Happy New Year, and I'm hoping, praying, begging for a new year filled with blue skies and great hikes for everyone.

"In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks"
~John Muir~

6 comments:

peace.love.life said...

So, I just stumbled on to your blog while clicking the "next blog" button. I just wanted to leave a little comment, and say that you and your family are in my thoughts. I'm sorry these past few years have been pretty bad. I hope your wife makes a good recovery, and keep your head high and positive! :)

Barb, sfo said...

WOW! That has been a really tough time for all of you. I'm glad everyone is on the mend now and pray that 2011 will bring happiness & HEALTH your way.

hrmustang said...

good luck to you... and wow, yes, nature is just about the best gift that we have... if only more people would realize it!

DL3 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Synthesiologist said...

schau doch mal meine seite an
über thailand essen und mehr

http://thaiboom.blogspot.com/

Abu Daoud said...

Love the Merton.