Monday, October 11, 2010




I love the failing light of an October afternoon. There's something so exclusively special about it, don't you think? It gives time for reflection, for deeper thought, a moment to pause and just stare into the impending evening. I like it alot, especially when you're walking in a valley, and the tops of the trees are lit up like Christmas trees, while down below, the night starts to creep in.

It reminds me of how I like to walk alone at this time of year, and just reflect on things. It urges me to sit outside at Caribou Coffee, and drink Campfire Mochas (forget Starbucks Pumpkin Latte's, Caribou is where it's all at), and read a really good book. It reminds me of old loves,the frailty and hopelessness of those early flings, and how absolutely comfortable and in place with the world where I am right now. I dont want anything to change, I want to be that Dad, planning camping trips, and that husband who is depended on, no matter how much my wife teases me and declares it otherwise. I am, where I should be, standing in the long shadows, thankful for the moment.

By the way, this photo is
Wimbeldon Park, Autumn After Glow (1866), by John Atkinson Grimshaw.

I like


7 comments:

Annie said...

Like you, I find Fall to be that time when I start to go quiet. I went for a walk today and took the dog with me. I'll pass on pup next time. He was too busy sniffing every blade of grass and left me no time to savor the Fall air. Give me a real coffee, a good book and a clear path, and all will be good.

life.is.like said...

beautiful post. =p

alex said...

Hello,you have a nice blog,I like it! really nice you made a good job ;)

Dimitri said...

Agreed totally. That post says my heart.

knowledgeseeker said...

Hello Steve,
You seem a person who is attuned to what the Creator has provided for us. No false, materialistic nonsense.

Yes, my partner and I have lived for years in the Black forest in Germany and now in a most picturesque part of England. The atmosphere is something you would enjoy.

If you get chance read and comment on my blog.

All the best to you and yours.

KS

knowledgeseeker said...

Hello Steve,
You seem a person who is attuned to what the Creator has provided for us. No false, materialistic nonsense.

Yes, my partner and I have lived for years in the Black forest in Germany and now in a most picturesque part of England. The atmosphere is something you would enjoy.

If you get chance read and comment on my blog.

All the best to you and yours.

KS

myrtle said...

Great! just stumbled upon your blog.. what a wonderful post.=D
wow account for sale