Saturday, October 17, 2009

All my ducks in a row........

Ok, so it's not a picture of ducks, but rather an old picture I took on a considerably older digital camera, hence the graininess, but it illustrates what I'm pondering these days rather well , getting things to where they ought to be. When did everything become so complicated? As the days tick by, and we get obviously farther and farther into Autumn, I find my self desperately trying to organize something from my previous post about camping. All day today, nothing went thru my head more than the notion that i should have been somewhere up in the woods -maybe Mt. Mitchell- thinking, contemplating, praying...

I really wanted to be camping this weekend, but the conspiracy against me was too overwhelming! Our Parish Fall Festival, Soccer games, flag football games,a 7 yo singing in choir tomorrow, and to top it all off? A sick mother (my 78 year old Mom may have H1N1, on top of pneumonia and grade B Lymphoma). Now, I suppose, if I wanted to act like a grownup, I could say it was the Lord convincing me NOT to go....I know that's the truth, and I was meant to stay here, but doggonit!! I've got to get out of here soon!!

So, as I sit here, listening to the drone of Nascar engines wafting in thru my back windows from down the street at Lowes Motor Speedway,fell no pity for me, but maybe give the big guy a heads up that i need some down time soon.

2 comments:

Ratty said...

You have a strong case of normal life getting in the way. The longer this happens, the better it will feel when you're finally able to get away.

Steve said...

I hear ya Ratty, and you know, I could almost hear the mountains calling to me yesterday. Whenever we go to visit family in louisiana, I hate to leave, but Louisiana doesn't call to me like the mountains do; It's the mist covered peaks, the cold breeze across my face. It's the faint smell of fresh apples still on the tree, mingled with smoke from a wood burning stove nearby. I know all sorts of folks who'd rather be out in Colorado, etc, but for me the NC mountains are paradise. That doesn't mean I don't want to see Yellowstone or the Mojave, but my soul is well when I'm in the mountains.