Friday, January 9, 2009

I love winter...........I LOVE winter. This morning found me in one of those moments where you dont want to be anywhere other than where you are at that precise point in time. Boudreaux and I were up early for school; up earlier than we usually are. We were ready to go, getting ready to eat breakfast, and on a whil, I took him out for breakfast. Just he and I, munching on cinnamon rolls and bacon egg and cheese biscuits under a darkened landscape that led out to the most gorgeous hue of pink I've ever seen in a horizon.

But the real ingredient in the whole recipe, the only thing it really needed, was me and my son spending some time together. It really meant a lot to me, because we dont always get time to do stuff just he and I. I need to do that more often, because he's really such a sweet kid, and I dont want these moments to slip away too fast, you know? It's like my youngest, Thibadeaux; I hate the fact that he's almost to that point where he is getting to be too big for me to pick up. I have a theory; I dont think Heaven is actually like the traditional concept. I think heaven is a culmination of all the moments you cherish in your life. The tears in the corner of your wifes eyes as she walked down the aisle towards you on that cold November morning, the first time you held your newborn son and he looked up at you with those sleepy eyes, watching "101 Dalmations" with your family, all underneath the same blanket, carrying your youngest in from the car after he fell asleep, his warm little face nuzzled into your neck. You can feel how safe and content he is in your arms. These are the things Heaven is, and if they arent, then youre doing something wrong.....

God made us a family.

We need one another.

We love one another.

We forgive one another.

We work together.

We play together.

We worship together.

Together we use God's word.

Together we grow in Christ.

Together we love all people.

Together we serve our God.

Together we hope for heaven.

These are our hopes and ideals.

Help us to attain them, O God,

through Jesus Christ our Lord.


No comments: