Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My mid-life crisis.....

I'm told that I'm taking the whole nearing mid-40's thing rather well, better than a lot of men take it. While some guys go out, buy flashy cars and "Just for Men" hair dye, I'm content with my Ford Taurus and my rapidly greying hair...Hey, after all the stupid things I did to it in the 80's? (Spray painting it black after a tequila induced, self inflicted 9-inch tall mohawk for a Black Flag show) I am not one to tempt fates hand, or my hair's resentment to how I ill-treated it 24 years ago.

But the one thing, the one tell-tale sign that maybe I'm redirecting my way of thinking is this house. It's situated on the North Mills River section of Pisgah, and every time I see it, I want to chuck everything and move in. I dont know what it is that makes me love it so, maybe it's just the stark beauty surrounding it (Front yard to your right, back yard is below). Sure it's a little bit rickety and could use a lot of work, but, as they say in the real estate game, "location,location,location".

2 comments:

Tom Chandler said...

Hell, I chucked it all at 39 and moved to a odd little house in Dunsmuir (near the Upper Sacramento), and ten years later, it appears I've gotten it all back anyway, meaning I'm light years ahead of before.

Ratty said...

I can see why you like it. Those photos look great!