Saturday, December 20, 2008

Farewell......

No, I'm not going anywhere, not really, but I've kind of made a decision in my life. I'm -for the most part- giving up computer gaming and wasting so much time on the internet. I spend far too much time schlepping around my home office, not really doing anything worthwhile. It has caused me to miss quality time with my family, my health suffers because of it, i have become a slave to it, and I want it no more.

I still plan on keeping up my blog and everything, but my health-while certainly not bad- is not good. I need to exercise, loose weight, and in general, feel better about myself. I mean, Ispend the greater part of my Saturdays in front of this infernal machine, and what does it give me back? Not as much as I'd like.
I have neglected my husbandly duties around the house, and even worse, I've not spent as much time with my kids as I ought to.So since New years is around the corner, this is the perfect time to make the change.

Hopefully, the New year will find me filling this blog with lots of outdoor adventures, good, healthy life changing stuff, not life stunting stuff. Anyway, if I dont get back here before next weekend, y'all have a very merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year. God Bless!

2 comments:

Ratty said...

I think you'll find more happiness this way. Good Luck!

Steve said...

Yeah, I started to think about it, and I asked myself; "So, what are you getting from "Call of Duty" anyway? I mean, there is so much else I need to do around the house,and now that my kids are getting older, we are starting to do things *together*, instead of me just having to take them along, you know?

Not to mention the fact that my health -while not completely bad- is not what it ought to be, and I dont like that. I mean, I used to go on a whim down to Crowders Mountain to go rock climbing with friends. Why did I give that up? For what?

The biggest factor has to be my kids; I dont want to be remembered as an overweight Dad who played computer games all the time. I want them to remember I was the guy who took them camping, hiking, fishing, who taught them to hunt, who was there when they wanted to ride bikes or go for a walk in the park.