Saturday, November 22, 2008

Outdoors Radio


For all you outdoor junkies out there in the ether; There is this great show on 1110 WBT every Saturday morning at 5:00 AM called...Well, it's called the Carolina Outdoors Show, and it's hosted by Bill Bartee and Don Yeager, who: "bring their passion and years of outdoor experience to the airwaves of WBT each Saturday morning at 5am. If it's an outdoor adventure, they've done it, or they know someone who has, and they spend an hour each weekend sharing those adventures with you.". I love their show, it's always entertaining, informative and quite frankly, it gives me the impetus to get up, get dressed and go outside to do something with my Saturday, instead of frittering it away on game after game of Call of Duty 4. the only problem I have with it, is the timing; Saturday morning is my only morning that I can be afforded the luxury of sleeping past 6:30. I already wake up to keep the Cajun Princess company while she gets ready to go to work, but once she's gone, I dearly want to fall back into a deep slumber. So, Im already awake for most of the show, but due to my delerium, I oftentimes miss a sizable chunk of it. Well no more friends and neighbors, because I just found out they have a podcast!!



Now I still listen to S.Eastern Backpackers, and ATHiking and all, but check these guys out, their show is really top-notch, and well worth your time to find.



Now, the question this has all posed for me is this; when you are camping, hiking, whatever you do in the great outdoors, do you listen to an Ipod or other MP3 player? What do you listen to? What types of music or podcasts do you find to be entertaining?

1 comment:

Ratty said...

I listen to music when I'm out. My favorite is the rock band Queen. Their music is so uplifting that I never get tired of it.