Monday, November 17, 2008


I haven't had a whole lot of time to write anything new, but the first reading from this past Sundays Mass has me thinking about my wife and all the great things she does for me:

"When one finds a worthy wife,
her value is far beyond pearls.
Her husband, entrusting his heart to her,
has an unfailing prize.
She brings him good, and not evil,
all the days of her life.
She obtains wool and flax
and works with loving hands.
She puts her hands to the distaff,
and her fingers ply the spindle.
She reaches out her hands to the poor,
and extends her arms to the needy.
Charm is deceptive and beauty fleeting;
the woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
Give her a reward for her labors,
and let her works praise her at the city gates."

Prv 31:10-13, 19-20, 30-31


Now maybe the passage has a different meaning than my interpretation, but essentially, they are one in the same. My wife does a ton of stuff for our family, for the community, for our parish, a whole bunch of people aside from myself and the boys rely on her for different things. My point? Sometimes we take the women in our lives for granted guys, and we need to step back, reflect on their impact on our lives, how they help us to grow, how they support us, and we need to return the gift in kind. Not just on birthdays or Mothers day, but every day.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

you are so sweet the things you write about me that I don't even know. You are also unnoticed a lot of the time. I love you.
Lisa