Monday, September 22, 2008

So this really excited me! I was invited this past weekend to a reunion; a reunion of the 325th GIR (Glider Infantry regiment) of the 82nd Airborne. I have over the past year become friends with their president, and knowing how much I appreciate the efforts made by our countrymen to defeat the Germans, he thought it would a good thing to invite me to their reunion, which was this past weekend. So I went, met alot of fine soldiers, and got them to honor a small request I had, which I thought I'd share with you. I brought the following book with me.To which they most cheerfully added the following:How cool is that?! So in the years to come, when people start to forget (and you know they will)My kids can show this book to their children and say: "These men sacrificed all for you".

1 comment:

Annie said...

This is so meaningful to me Steve. My dad was at Pearl Harbor and he was active in his Pearl Harbor Survivor chapter almost until his death. If we don't remember and keep the stories, we will lose something very important and irreplacable.