Monday, July 28, 2008

Im in love.....


I have very odd tastes when it comes to music......VERY odd. I am a big Tom Waits fan, love Leonard Cohen, Lisa Gerard, Nick Cave, Suzanne Vega, Frank Sinatra, Bjork, all sorts of stuff. I'm probably the only guy you will ever meet who likes Greek and Arab dance music, Punk Rock (old 80's stuff, not this new jive) the 5th Dimension, Earth Wind and Fire, Slipknot, System of a Down, and has a huge addiction to Polka music and anything from Louisiana.


But mark my words, not matter how psychotic my tastes in music might be, if I like something alot, I'm going to tell you about it. I cant help it, I used to write music reviews for a local newspaper, I have been a DJ, as well as a roadie and a bouncer for a very large rock club. I adhere to the Nietzsche opinion that: "Without Music, life would be a mistake" So it is with this in mind that i want to tell you to check out Ingrid Michaelson. All I can say is Wow!! I feel the same way about her as I did the first time I heard Suzanne Vega's "Small Blue Thing". She has a sweet, utterly addictive voice, but don't take my word for it, just go to her site and check out her music, you wont be sorry.

1 comment:

Annie said...

As one who loves music and works in a university music department, i have to say, your list is a real mixed bag and totally outstanding. Well, I'm off now. Have to check out the new girl.