Saturday, May 24, 2008

When it rains...........


So I haven't been much on writing these past few weeks....Well, I'm in a lot of very uncomfortable pain, and have not felt like doing much of anything. Since February, I've had this aching spot in my left shoulder, that has gotten worse and worse over time. To the point where my sleep cycle is suffering badly because of it. I went to the Ortho Doctor the other day, and it ends up I either have a torn rotator cuff, or I have arthritis. I have an MRI this Tuesday, and we'll find out by next Friday morning what the proverbial deal is. From what he told me, the picture above is pretty much what they're going to have to do to me. They put the scope in the top of my shoulder to see, and the other one comes up from below and shaves bone off of my shoulder.......Shaving bone off of my shoulder.....Yeah, I'm so happy, I could just explode......

I think the only reason I'm not totally freaking out is because of faith. I pray every morning, and make a conscious effort to do the right thing, so I feel that the good Lord will see me thru this. But part of me, a little tiny sliver, still has doubt, still is scared. Not doubt about God, but doubt about doctors and their abilities. have any of you come across this before? Have you, put in this scenario, been afraid? How did you overcome it? Do you have a special prayer to share with me? I mean, I had my Gall bladder removed about 15 years ago, but I wasn't religious, and they had me so doped up on morphine, I barely was aware of anything happening the entire time I was in the hospital. But then, I didn't have children, or a wife, I didn't have that much to worry about, and now it concerns me greatly.

So if you have some kind of a trick, or a prayer that would help me out, by all means, post them, I need all the help I can get.

2 comments:

Barb, sfo said...

OUCH. Will be praying!

Tausign said...

Don't let fear of the Doctor's treatment overcome your trust in God. It's most likely that the doctor will be God's instrument in your healing. I've had some very serious medical issues in the last few years and the Doctors have been phenominal.

I'm a lousy sufferer, but somehow have managed to get through whatever's given to me with grace. These things have a penchant for bringing us closer to God.

You might try finding a healing mass or asking your pastor for the 'Annointing of the sick'. Not so much for miraculous healing to avoid the doctor, but rather for an increase in faith and trust in God's Providence. I'm putting you in the 'prayer corner'.