Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Disconcerted
Pronunciation:\ˌdis-kən-ˈsərt\

Function:transitive verb

Etymology:obsolete French disconcerter, alteration of Middle French desconcerter, from des- dis- + concerter to concert Date:1687
1 : to throw into confusion
2 : to disturb the composure of


So, am I "disconcerted"? I suppose in a way I am. I worry about my wife and kids, I am very uneasy about crime in my area, the pathetic excuse for Presidential candidates (I don't like any of them), my house payment is due, I want to see our troops our troop get the hell out of Iraq as soon as is humanly possible,
I work with a woman who is absolutely one of the most unhappy and power hungry people Ive ever met, I.... have quite a few good reasons to feel "disconcerted", but do I feel disconcerted? No.

"
The only science that gives purpose to every other science is the science of religion--the science of our happy relationship with, and our providential dependence on God and our neighbor."
~Fr. Solanus Casey~

By living these words, by picking up my rosary every day and reciting it (even though sometimes I feel too tired), I find an escape from disconcernment, a way to beat the doubt and discouragement that could take over at any instance. It would be so easy to fall into despair, so easy to slip back into the black waters of chaos and just give up, I may not place an entry in this blog every day, or even once a month, but I am still here, and I still think of you, my friends, and I pray for each and every one of you, as I hope you do for me.



"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be. "
~Anne Frank~


f

No comments: