Wednesday, February 6, 2008


It felt good to be in Mass this morning, to know that I didn't have to be anywhere later, that I could just relax and let it all sink in. It was a nice switch from speeding down from work to make noonday mass and speeding back to avoid being late. I think I'm going to take this week off every year! I had wanted for the family to go to Baton Rouge, but the timing was all off for us. too many things going on, so I went to Mass by myself, absorbed as much of it as I could.

Now I have given it a whole lot of thought, and I know what I'm doing for Lent.
But I'm aprehensive to talk about it. In years past, I've posted my intentions here, and every year, I become more concious about it, and to be honest, I think it cheapens the whole experience, trivializes it somehow. Isn't one of the objectives to be more humble? Then why do we feel the need to share these promises we make to God? Isn't it sort of a prideful thing to do, exclaim to the whole blogoshpere; "Heres what Im giving up for Lent!!!"???

So, I will share prayers, and things I think are along the lines of what Lent is all about, but my promises to the Lord are mine and mine alone.

Pax et bonum!! Vivat jesus!!

No comments: